Check out this home for sale on beautiful Lake Cushman, a 10 mile lake near Hoodsport Washington. Enjoy all of what lake living has to offer: boating, sailing, stand up paddle boarding! Beautiful views, private and serene!
Tips on Bathroom Vanity Lighting
Properly illuminated bathroom lighting lets you put your best face forward!
Tip #1 – Mount vanity lights on either side of the mirror. Lighting above your head casts shadows on your face and you gain 10 years.
Tip #2 – Distance matters. The American Lighting Association's general rule is to mount vanity lights 65-70 inches from the floor, at about eye level. Ideally, the fixtures should be placed about 28-30 inches apart. This allows the light to fully illuminate your face without casting shadows.
Tip #3 – Consider shade choice. Sconce shades are an important feature. The transparency and color greatly affect how much light is emitted. White fabric shades give off a diffused light that provides a bright and clean tone. Often times, amber shades simply do not allow enough light to properly illuminate.
Biggest Homeowner Tax Deductions
Here are four of the the biggest homeowner tax deductions in 2015. Expect to receive a 1098 report from your lender with details. Other deductions are available. Check with your accountant!
1. Mortgage Interest Paid – Annual mortgage interest is tax deductible for first mortgages, second mortgages and home equity lines of credit. The deduction is for a primary residence and up to one second (vacation) home.
2. Discount Points – If you purchased or refinanced in 2015, you may have paid discount points to obtain a lower rate. One full discount point is equal to 1 % of the loan amount. The IRS classifies discount points as prepaid mortgage interest. Restrictions apply.
3. Property Taxes – Annual property taxes paid each year are also tax deductible for homeowners. If you purchased a property in 2015, you will want to keep track of your settlement statement which shows property taxes you paid at closing.
4. Mortgage Insurance – Mortgage insurance is required on loans purchased or refinanced with less than 20% equity. Some restrictions apply if your adjusted gross income is over $100,000.
This should not be considered tax advise. For tax-related questions, please speak with a licensed accountant or see IRS Publication 936.
What do updating attic insulation, entry door replacement and garage door replacement have in common?
According to Remodeling Cost versus Value 2016 report, they are among the three highest improvements which yield the greatest recoup when selling properties. For a complete list and explanation, https://s3.amazonaws.com/…/CVV…/2016/Consumer/portlandor.pdf
According the the RMLS (Regional Mulitple Listing Service), December closed sales were the strongest since 1992!
2016 Economic Predictions
January – A Time for Organization
What is it about January that beckons the absolute need for organizing everything…from the Holiday decorations to the garage, make up drawer and the linen closet?
Thinking of selling your home this year, I have a piece of advise.
Potential buyers will open closets and storage spaces to see if they will enough space for THEIR belongings. The linen closet is an easy place to start organizing.
Tips for a Tidy Linen Closet, Big or Small.
1. Less is more. Keep the good towels and sheets. Donate mismatched items.
2. Use labeled bins for storing small items such as extra pillow cases, sheet sets, wash cloths and hand towels
3. Place sheet sets in a pillow case to save time and confusion.
4. Trifold towels and stack vertically. See picture above.
5. Resurrect the label maker for bins and shelves.